From the office of Sebastian County Judge David Hudson:
Fall is in the air and that means it’s time for our Fall Cleanup Campaign. Residents of Sebastian County are encouraged to use the Cleanup Site dumpsters, to pick up litter, tackle illegal dumps and do whatever else it takes to put a shine on Sebastian County, according to County Judge David Hudson. This countywide cleanup campaign is in coordination with the Great American Cleanup.
Proof of Sebastian County residency is required by Arkansas Driver’s License for disposal of trash at the cleanup site.
The County Campaign will take place on Saturdays starting September 25 and go through October 23, 2021.
“By working together to clean up our properties we all can make a difference and make our community more beautiful, safer and a healthier place to live, work and play,” says Judge Hudson.
As in past cleanup campaigns, dumpsters will be placed in several locations throughout the county for county residents to have a convenient place to bring collected trash for sale and legal disposal.
Dumpster schedules and locations are as follows:
- Saturday, September 25, 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. — Lavaca Rural, Rodeo Arena Parking Lot on Rodeo Arena Road
- Saturday, October 2, 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. — Midland, County Park/Boyer Park on Hwy. 45
- Saturday, October 9, 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. — Greenwood, Road Yard
- Saturday, October 16 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. — Jenny Lind, White Bluff Fire Station
- Saturday, October 23, 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. — Milltown/Washburn Fire Station
Dumpsters will be placed by 7 a.m. on Saturday and are available until 2 p.m. on the same day. Dumpsters will be picked up by 2 p.m. in order to be hauled to the landfill and dumped by closing time (3:30 p.m.)
There will be an E-Waste dumpster at each of the county sites.
- Friday, October 8, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. — Greenwood Recycling Center
- Saturday, October 9, 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. — Greenwood Recycling Center
- Saturday, October 9, 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. — Mansfield Public Works
- Tuesday, September 21, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. — ABC Center at 904 N. Davis in Lavaca
- Wednesday, September 22, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. — ABC Center at 904 N. Davis in Lavaca
- Thursday, September 23, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. — ABC Center at 904 N. Davis in Lavaca
- Friday, September 24, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. — ABC Center at 904 N. Davis in Lavaca
Computers, TVs, or VCRs will be accepted with a trailer designated for these items at the Greenwood City Street Department on Bell Road.
Any resident of Sebastian County who does not have a cleanup site in their city as well as residence in the unincorporated area may utilize ANY of the County Cleanup sites.
Tire Disposal Policy
NOTE: Tires will NOT be accepted as part of this cleanup campaign.
County residents may dispose of up to four passenger tires, without rims, at no charge by taking the tires to Westark Tire at 601 Oak Grove Road in Van Buren, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
NOTE: Dumpsters will be staffed by county employees at all times to assure that only acceptable wastes are disposed of. The following items are NOT acceptable in the dumpsters due to landfill regulations:
- Yard waste, grass leaves and brush
- Used oil
- Hazardous or toxic wastes
- **TVs, computers – electronic equipment
- Cleaning chemicals
- Herbicides or pesticides
- Paints or liquids of any kind
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Freon containing appliances (appliances using Freon MUST have the compressor removed before it can be accepted)
NOTE: Barrels used to burn trash are illegal in the State of Arkansas and will NOT be accepted as part of this cleanup campaign
NOTE: White goods (appliances, refrigerators, etc.) may be placed in a designated area with the County Road Department disposing of these items on the day of the cleanup date in your area. Refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners MUST HACE COMPRESSORS REMOVED.
This cleanup is for residents only and not for commercial disposal. Proof of Sebastian County residency by Driver’s License will be required prior to disposal.