The office of Sebastian County Judge David Hudson issued an update regarding COVID-19 vaccinations on Tuesday, March 16:
Essential government workers are included in Phase 1B for vaccinations. County elected officials and employees have been contacted to encourage scheduling a vaccination and that process continues to move forward.
Matthew Hicks with the Arkansas Department of Health advised there will be a vaccination clinic on March 23-March 26 at the Sebastian County Health Department located at 3112 S. 70th Street in Fort Smith, by appointment only, by calling 1-800-985-6030. Governor Hutchinson announced today that 1-C category may be vaccinated effective today.
- Arkansans aged 16-64 with health conditions that increase their risk for severe COVID-19.
- Essential works in:
- Information technology and communications
- Public health/human services
- Public safety
- Shelter and housing
- Transportation and logistics
- People residing in high-risk settings; including those who are incarcerated or detained; those living in group homes, congregate settings, or crowded housing; and student housing such as dorms and Greek housing.