The unapproved minutes of the A & P Commission Meeting – April 28, 2020 at the Senator Ed Wilkinson Pavilion (Bell Park.):
The Commission convened at 3:30 p.m. for grant review and the meeting was called to order at 4:00 p.m.; the roll was called by Mike McAlister and other commission members present were AC Brown, Chris Gosch, Robert Tanner, and Chris Bader; a quorum was present. Mr. Rod Powell arrived after roll call. Mr. Patrick Simmons were absent.
Motion was made by Mr. Gosch, seconded by Mr. Brown to approve the minutes of the February 4, 2020 meeting as presented. Motion passed unanimously.
Review Financial Status
Ms. Derry stated that she has corrected the monthly tax receipts report and said that going forward, they would be correct. Late payers were discussed and it was requested that #25 on the list be sent a letter from the City Attorney for nonpayment. Finance Director Tom Marsh gave a financial report and a telephone call was made to Ms. Tammy Briley about some budgeted items appearing in the financial report. Motion was made by Mr. Gosch, seconded by Mr. Tanner to accept the finances; motion passed unanimously.
- MLB Junior Home Run Derby – This grant was not represented, therefore not discussed.
- FOG Trail of Lights – Mr. Richard McKinney presented this grant request and motion was made by Mr. Bader, seconded by Mr. Powell to award this grant in the amount of $3,660.00; motion passed unanimously.
- Roundup Club 2020 Greenwood Rodeo – Mr. Richard Dunn presented this grant request and some of the items in the grant’s proposed budget were questioned for qualification. There was discussion about when the event would be held and Mr. Dunn stated that it would be moved to September 3. Motion was made by Mr. Gosch, seconded by Mr. Powell to award this grant in the amount of $9,250.00, excluding payment of the announcer and funny man/clown for the event; motion passed unanimously.
- Battle at Bell Park Disc Golf Tournament – Mr. Chris Eads presented this grant request and motion was made by Mr. Powell, seconded by Mr. Gosch to award this grant in the amount of $5,000.00; motion passed unanimously.
- Chamber of Commerce Greenwood Reopening for Business – This item was not on the agenda and Chamber Director Mr. Bob Purvis asked for special consideration to be added under emergency circumstances. Motion was made by Mr. Gosch, seconded by Mr. Powell to add this to the agenda as Item #5. Mr. Purvis and Mayor Doug Kinslow presented this grant request for consideration and motion was made by Mr. Powell, seconded by Mr. Bader to award $2,000.00 for this grant, funding 2 videos and all of the signs; motion passed unanimously.
Motion to adjourn was made by Mr. Brown, seconded by Mr. Tanner; meeting adjourned.
The next A & P Commission meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 4, at 4 p.m. in the Greenwood City Hall. There will be a grant review held at 3:30 p.m. prior to the meeting.