The following are the unapproved meeting minutes from the September 15, 2020 Parks Commission meeting, held at Greenwood City Hall:
The meeting was called to order at 1:01 p.m. by Commission Chair Joel Goldstein and the roll was called as follows: Cinda Bell, Kay Headley, Brandon Tate, Susan Fox, and Otis Edwards; a full quorum was present; Commission Advisor Sonny Bell was not present.
Approval of Minutes
Motion was made by Mr. Edwards, seconded by Mr. Tate, to approve the minutes of the August 18, 2020 regular meeting; motion passed unanimously.
- Freedom Fest Committee – None
- Trails Committee – None
- Tree & Plant Board – None, Ms. Bell stated they will meet again October 13, 2020
Agenda Items to be Added
Ms. Briley read through her monthly report as follows and there was discussion.
- Update on the truck that has been ordered
- Basketball/Pickleball court lighting update
- Historical Marker on square cleaned up by Richard McKinney and his granddaughter Grace
- Irrigation system leak on square repaired with assistance of Richard McKinney
- New bench for trail bought by Clements family
- Curbing for square quoted at $16,410 for 245 linear feet by Steve Beam Construction
- Trail lighting update, planned for 3 phases
- Location on trail in need of repair
- Parking lot at city lake needing French drain installed
- Halloween candy handout at Bell Park
Discussion on promoting parks.
Motion to adjourn was made by Mr. Tate, seconded by Ms. Bell, meeting adjourned.
There was also a special meeting called on October 7. These are the unapproved minutes that will also be considered at the next regularly scheduled meeting:
The meeting was called to order at 3:00 p.m. by Commission Chair Joel Goldstein and the roll was called by City Clerk/Treasurer Sharla Derry. Commission members present at roll call other than Mr. Goldstein were, Cinda Bell, Otis Edwards and Kay Headley; a quorum was declared with the addition of the Chair. Susan Fox and Brandon Tate were absent. Sonny Bell was not present.
- Chair – Resolution Authorizing Construction of Road at Bell Park – Mr. Goldstein stated the reason for the resolution and asked if there were questions. Motion was made by Mr. Edwards, seconded by Ms. Bell to approve this; before the vote was called there was discussion about the plans for the road to be built, funded by the Street Department since it is a city street. Mayor Kinslow addressed any concerns and the vote was called. Motion passed unanimously.
Motion to adjourn was made by Mr. Goldstein, seconded by Mr. Edwards; motion passed unanimously and the meeting was adjourned.
The Parks Commission will meet on Tuesday, October 20 at 1 p.m. at Greenwood City Hall. The agenda for that meeting is as follows:
Call meeting to order and roll call – Chair Joel Goldstein
Approval of minutes
- Freedom Fest Committee
- Trails Committee
- Tree & Plant Board
Agenda items to be added
- Chair – Term Expirations for Two Parks Commission Positions
- Chair – Term Renewal/Consideration for Chair Position
- Tree Board – Purchase of Trees For Courthouse Lawn
- Director – Curfew at Pickleball/Basketball Court