My husband actually proposed to me in the parking lot of the Olive Garden restaurant in Fort Smith. Come to think of it, in a few weeks, we will celebrate our 17th anniversary! We go back to that restraunt every year to celebrate. One of our favorite splurges, the lemon cream cake!
This is a copycat version of that recipe, it’s pretty simple and it is just delicious!
- 1 white cake mix, prepared
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. butter
1. Prepare cake as directed in a 10″ round cake pan or a 10″ round springform pan.
2. Blend cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon juice together. In a medium bowl, whip heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks. Gently fold into cream cheese mixture and blend by hand. Chill until ready to add to the cake.
3. Mix flour and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Crumble butter in and dribble in vanilla extract. The crumbles should be no larger than pea-size. If you have trouble crumbling mixture, chill for a few minutes. Chill until needed.
4. After the cake is cooled, cut in half. Spread cream cheese mixture, saving 1/2 cup, on the bottom half and carefully place top layer back. Spread the rest of the cream cheese mixture on the sides of the cake. Press crumb topping into sides gently. (We only added it to the top)
5. Chill for overnight.