Olives, either you love them or you hate them. Obviously, if you’re not a fan of them, then this isn’t a recipe for you. But, I must admit, they are my guilty pleasure! I love green olives on pizza or right out of the jar.
This is a recipe my mom made one year when we had a neighborhood get together. I still fix it on occasion, and it always disappears quick! I’ll add a disclaimer that I do, in fact, eat my share!
Olive Cheese Bread
- One 6-ounce can black olives, drained
- One 6-ounce jar pimiento-stuffed green olives, drained
- 2 stalks green onions
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 loaf crusty French bread, sliced lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 325
- Roughly chop both the black olives and pimiento-stuffed green olives.
- Slice the green onions into thin pieces.
- Combine the butter, mayonnaise, cheese, olives and green onions in a mixing bowl. Stir together until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the mixture onto the French bread. Bake until the cheese is melted and browning, 20 to 25 minutes.
**Note: The mixture can also be refrigerated (up to 2 days) and used as a dip. Great with crackers!